Campus Rec Mission Statement
Campus Recreation is committed to enriching the educational experience by promoting lifelong healthy living. We are dedicated to celebrating differences, providing active and innovative recreational opportunities, cultivating a community of supportive relationships, and developing global leaders.
Campus Rec Vision Statement
To be the leader in collegiate recreational sports and an advocate for lifelong wellness.
Campus Rec Guiding Principles
- As our number one priority, create an environment that provides exceptional recreation, education and leadership experience that enhances their physical, mental and emotional development.
- Campus Life
- Enrich the quality of campus life by aggressively promoting the benefits of physical activity, leadership development, and social interaction in healthy surroundings.
- Deliver innovative co-curricular opportunities that serve to provide a connecting link between students, the University and the citizens of Nebraska, thus advancing the institution’s recruitment, retention and outreach efforts.
- Customer Service
- Provide an outstanding experience to meet the individual needs of our participants.
- Honor the accomplishments of previous generations, respect the current traditions and continue our excellence in recreation.
- Develop creative solutions and implement them through collaborative efforts to ensure up-to-date offerings in an ever-changing environment.
- Share accurate information in a manner that is both efficient and effective.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Ensure affordable recreation for every student of the University of Nebraska –Lincoln by establishing sustainable funding priorities which includes relevant expenditures, internal and external resources, and impact on the campus community.
- Provide training and facilities that ensure a safe and welcoming environment.
- Healthy Behaviors
- Model a balanced lifestyle in our personal and professional lives.
- Enhance our customers’ physical, social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, intellectual and occupational well-being by developing a lifelong commitment to health and physical activity.
- Adhere to the highest principles of ethical behavior in all relationships and interactions with our customers and University community.