About the Program
Itty Bitty Liability Waiver - Must be completed and turned in at check-in.
A nationally recognized sports program, the Start Smart programs offered by Campus Recreation will introduce your 3-5 year old to the wide world of sports. Basic motor skills tasks help build your child's confidence and self-esteem. The environment of this program offers children a positive experience early in their sports exposure and will help to prepare them to play sports in the future. Emphasis on winning is minimal and this program allows your child to progress at an individual rate, while still offering challenging skills. Focus is also placed on parent/guardian and child interaction. Each child is required to have at least one adult who can participate.
BasketballOffered in October with registration opening in early July. This specific sport program will focus on basketball skills including dribbling, passing, catching, shooting and agility. (Age 3-5 year olds).
SoccerOffered in March with registration opening in early December. This specific sport program will focus on soccer skills including kicking, dribbling, trapping, throw-ins, and running. (Age 3-5 year olds)
Sports DevelopmentOffered in September and January with registrations opening in early July and early December. This general program will focus on the basic skills needed for sports including throwing, catching, kicking and batting. (Age 3-5 year olds)
Baseball & SoftballOffered in June and July with registration opening in early April. This specific sport program will focus on baseball and softball skills including throwing, catching and batting. (Age 3-5 year olds)
- Basketball, Soccer and Sports Development activities held at the Recreation & Wellness Center MAC Gym. Click here for map and directions!
- Baseball and Softball activities held at the Mabel Lee Fields located at 14th and W St. Click here for map and directions!
- $55 Per Child - UNL student and CREC members
- $65 Per Child - General Public
- All programs have a registration deadline of 1 week prior to the first class.
- We understand you may have need to cancel. In order to receive a refund, notice of cancellation must be received in writing.
- If received prior to the registration deadline, full refund.
- If received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class meeting, refunds will be less 20% as a cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be issued after the first class meeting.