2022 Camp Information
Newsletters & Schedules
- Newsletter | Week 1 (June 6-10): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 2 (June 13-17): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 3 (June 20-24): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 4 (June 27-July 1): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 5 (July 11-July 15): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 6 (July 18-July 22): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 7 (July 25-July 29): Weekly Schedule
- Newsletter | Week 8 (August 1-August 5): Weekly Schedule
- Registration begins February 1, 2022
- Registrations will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each camp session has a limited number of participant openings.
- Each camp will accept registrations until the camper/counselor ratio is met or until noon on the Friday prior to the start of each camp session.
- Registrations on or after the Wednesday prior to the start of a session will incur a $25 late fee.
- On-line Registrations - Go to https://shopcrec.unl.edu to register on-line. A new account can be created in a few short steps. Returning accounts can retrieve a username and password by matching an email address.
- Walk-in registrations - Will be accepted between 7:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, contact Campus Recreation at: (402) 472-3467.
Campus Recreation Members*
$130/session per child
*University students, staff, and faculty paying Campus Recreation membership fees during the session camper is enrolled.
$140/session per child
$15/session per child
Deposit and Payment Information
- A $25 non-refundable/non-transferable per session per child deposit is required at the time of registration. Registrations without the required deposit will not be processed. The deposit is applied to the overall session fee. Your balance in full must be received by the payment deadline, or your registration will be cancelled and deposit will be forfeited.
- To qualify for the member rate, the parent/guardian must be a Campus Recreation member during the session in which the camper is enrolled.
- Camp fees can be paid by Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, or NCard. Checks should be made payable to the University of Nebraska Campus Recreation.
- The individual identified as Parent #1 on the enrollment form is responsible for all balances associated with the account.
- Registrations after the payment deadlines must be paid in full at the time of registration.
2022 Camp Sessions
|Sessions||Dates and Days||Payment Due|
|One||June 6-10 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, May 13|
|Two||June 13-17 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, May 13|
|Three||June 20-24 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, May 13|
|Four||June 27 - July 1 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, June 17|
|July 4 - July 8 | NO CAMP|
|Five||July 11-15 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, June 17|
|Six||July 18-22 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, June 17|
|Seven||July 25-29 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, July 15|
|Eight||August 1-5 (Mon.-Fri.)||Friday, July 15|
A recreational day camp for children entering 2nd to 6th grades. We offer fun recreational, sport, and lifetime activities throughout nine sessions. Our goal is to provide a supportive and enjoyable environment where learning and fun can go hand in hand. Specific sport instruction is not a goal of the camp. Special attention is paid to the age and skill level of each camper. CHILDREN ENTERING 2ND TO 6TH GRADE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR ENROLLMENT.
ALL CAMPS OFFER :
- Age appropriate activities
- Maximum camper to staff ratio of 12 to 1
- Emphasis on teaching lifetime sports and recreational skills
- Professionals and college students on staff
Your child's day will begin and end at the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation Center on the campus of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which provides 280,000 square feet of recreation and sports space. Activities will take place at various indoor and outdoor locations on campus, as well as in the Lincoln community. Regularly scheduled swimming will be held at the Campus Rec indoor pool.
Camp sessions are scheduled Monday through Friday with structured activities from 8:45 a.m. to 3:55 p.m. Camper drop-off is scheduled between 7:15 - 8:40 a.m. and pick-up between 3:55 - 4:15 p.m. Supervised curb side drop-off ends at 8:40 a.m. If a camper arrives later than 8:40 a.m. s/he must check-in with the summer camps main office and be escorted to camp by a staff member.
An optional Extended Day Program is available at a nominal rate for those campers who wish to remain late. Supervision and low energy activities are provided from 4:15 - 5:35 p.m. Additional fees apply for the extended program. You may sign up for the extended program with regular session registration.
Our energetic and well-qualified staff are ready to spend an exciting summer with the campers. The staff is comprised of UNL professionals, certified school teachers, and highly motivated college students. All staff are required to pass a full criminal history background check. The camp is under the direction of Brian Stelzer, who is a professional staff member at UNL Campus Recreation.
A variety of recreational sports and leisure activities are offered each session. The camp activities are very similar to those found in a physical education class. Campers are assigned to groups according to their grade level. We encourage participation in all activities and spend the majority of time outdoors.
- Swimming - We offer swimming on multiple days for Husker Kids campers.
- Field Trips - A field trip for each camp will be planned for every session.
- Theme Days - Campers will participate in one special event activity each session.
- Crafts - Each session will include a make and take age-appropriate craft.
Unfortunately, we will no longer be offering Husker Adventures (7th & 8th Grades) beginning in the summer 2022 camp season. The pandemic has required us to make several difficult decisions. Discontinuing the programming for this age included many factors: staffing shortages, budget constraints, and the changing dynamic of middle school children. We determined that we are no longer equipped to offer the highest quality program for 7th and 8th grade children, therefore bringing Husker Adventures to an end.
A snack such as chewy granola bars, pretzels, or fruit chews and a juice box will be provided mid-morning. Campers will also receive a small afternoon treat. Parents are reminded to send a lunch and drink with the camper. Please do not send candy or gum.
Participants should come to camp dressed for a full day of activity. We recommend outdoor activity clothes and athletic shoes. Open-toed shoes will NOT be permitted. For Husker Kids, please pack a swimsuit and towel everyday. Campers should bring aforementioned items in a well-marked backpack or athletic bag.
Campus Recreation is not responsible for missing, broken, or stolen items. Please mark or label all personal items. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure property protection.
Each child will receive one complimentary summer camp t-shirt as a keepsake for attending camp. Campers are asked to wear their shirt on field trip days
Campus Recreation reserves the right to dismiss a camper if their behavior jeopardizes the other campers' safety and well-being.
Guardian's Waiver and Release of Liability, and Check-out Authorization forms are required to participate in camp. Parents must also complete a supplemental information form before their child may begin camp.
Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel any session or modify activities due to under-enrollment, facility problems, staff concerns, or circumstances beyond its control (i.e. rain, pool problems, electrical outages). Parents will be notified immediately if a session is altered in any way.
If a participant must cancel a session, the session deposit will be forfeited. All cancellations must be made in writing at least one full week prior to the session to receive a refund.