Wellness Programs, Classes & Events
About the EveryMove Challenge
University of Nebraska–Lincoln and EveryMove@Work have joined forces to "perk" up the workplace! No, we're not talking about a new coffee machine – we're talking about a revolution to celebrate all kinds of physical activity, from gardening to marathon running, right in our office. Track your activity using any app or device you like (and connect to EveryMove) to join. See for yourself how good things come to those who sweat.
In the month of September our goal as a University is to log at least 90,000 collective activity points (this also happens to be roughly the number of seats in Memorial Stadium!) To put this into perspective, an individual who logs 30 min/day/5 days/week=750 points in a month. Recognition will be provided to all who achieve the 750 point goal, as well as to top colleges, and top performers. Create a team of at least 5 and compete as a group. Registration for the September Challenge begins Monday, September 4 or sign-up at the Kick-Off Event.
Challenge yourself to earn at least 750 points (equal to 30 minutes of activity, 3 days per week) and win prizes with the FREE EveryMove program. Track your activity to earn points, and we will send out weekly tips to help you keep your wellness goals in mind throughout the month. At the end of each monthly challenge, we will host a celebration to award prizes and have a sample of something nutritious.
To sign up for EveryMove:
- Go to https://everymove.org/UNLincoln
- Click on “Sign Up” in the top right corner
- Enter your information and click “Sign Up”
- Choose apps that you would like to sync
- Look for verification email OR Go to Settings > Memberships to verify your email address
- Once you verified you are ready to start earning points!
** You must use a UNL email account (i.e. @unl.edu, @huskers.unl.edu or @nebraska.edu)
My Life Check was designed by the American Heart Association with the goal of improved health by educating the public on how best to live. These measures have one unique thin in common: any person can make these changes, the steps are not expensive to take and even modest improvements to your health will make a big difference. Start with one or two. This simple, seven step list has been developed to deliver on the hope we all have-to live a long, productive and healthy life.
Life's Simple 7:
- Manage Blood Pressure
- Control Cholesterol
- Reduce Blood Sugar
- Get Active
- Eat Better
- Lose Weight
- Stop Smoking
Join us for this free online programs with new sessions released each week. View at a time that works best for you, but be sure to watch one per week to get the most out of the program! Optional individual services are offered outside of these presentations for a small fee: Individual Services
- June 1 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- June 8 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- June 15 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- June 22 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- June 29 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- July 6 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- July 13 | 12:10-12:50 p.m.
- New sessions are made available each week during the times above, but participants can watch the session at any time after its released.
- Free to UNL student, CREC member or General Public
Register at: http://go.unl.edu/lifes-simple-7
Check Up From the Neck Up
Are you stressed? Do you ever wonder if it is something more than just stress? "Check Up From the Neck Up" is your chance to meet with a professional to see where you are with your mental health.
- October 5
10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center + Nebraska Union, Regency Suite
6-8 p.m., Campus Rec Center, Atrium
- Free to UNL student, CREC member or General Public. Walk-ins welcome
7 on the 7th
Be an #ActiveHusker on the 7th day each month. Join a friend or co-worker and try seven (7) minutes of quick activity - from just about anywhere. We'll highlight four departments across campus each month in photos and videos. View the archive: http://go.unl.edu/7on7"
- Eat on the run + survive on "hit-or-miss" meals?
- Routinely go on and off diets, only to gain back the weight you lost?
- Take supplements - or wonder if you should?
- Feel chronically fatigues or routinely lack energy to train at your best?
- Constantly cope with a stressful lifestyle?
- Want to find a smarter way to shop + cook healthy meals on a budget?
- Desire tips for sports nutrition + meals/snacks for pre-/post-workouts
Amanda Robine, MS
Campus Recreation Registered Dietitian (RD) LMNT
Wellness Services & Nutrition Education Coordinator
With the nutrition starter package you will:
With the nutrition booster package you will:
|Resting Metabolic Rate Measurement|
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR):
Receive personalized coaching to fit your wellness goals. Great for those who need accountability in their journey. Each session is 30 minutes.
5K Friday TrainingBe a part of the movement to become an “#Active Husker” by participating in 5K Fridays. There will be three different running group:
- First timers: Individuals training to complete their first 5k can use this to train and prepare for their race. The walk/jog method will be utilized for training.
- Beginning runners: Individuals with a goal of running an entire 5K by the end of training. Walk/run intervals will be utilized for training.
- Runners: Those that can already complete a 5k run and are looking to improve their time.
5k Training DatesFridays, August 25-September 22
- Meet in the Atrium at the Campus Recreation Center