Celebrating 100 years of Collegiate Recreation at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Help us design our logo for the celebration!
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Campus Recreation Centennial Celebration. The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise or other visual collateral. Following are official contest rules:
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently registered undergraduate, graduate or professional school student (individuals or team of up to two students).
- Individuals or teams may submit no more than two entries.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the University of Nebraska – Lincoln Campus Recreation.
- UNL Campus Recreation reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the Celebration.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in greyscale.
- Contestants are encouraged to refer to UNL brand guidelines: https://ucomm.unl.edu/brand
- To learn more about Campus Recreation services and programs entrants are encouraged to visit https://crec.unl.edu.
How to Enter
To enter the Campus Recreation Centennial Celebration Logo Design Contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form. Download PDF here or MS Word version here
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd or PDF formats (if you are chosen as the winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution vector file in Adobe Illustrator.
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 21, 2020; 5:00 pm.
A Selection Committee comprised of the Campus Recreation Centennial Committee will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the Centennial Celebration?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The winner will receive a $250 award. If the winning design is produced by a team of students, Campus Recreation will award one prize of $250 (divided equally among the team). The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.