City and East Campus
- The following items/activities are not allowed: food, gum, tobacco products, drug use, alcoholic beverages, spitting, dangerous weapons (as defined by the University's Student Code of Conduct), and personal items, e.g. backpacks, cell phones. All personal items should be checked in at Husker Red's and Towel Exchange or stored in a locker room.
- Water, in a re-sealable container, is allowed in the cardio area of the Strength & Conditioning Room (& other cardio areas). No other beverages allowed.
- Appropriate athletics footwear is required to be worn. Sandals, open toed shoes, boots, and hard-soled shoes are prohibited.
- Appropriate workout apparel is recommended. Street clothing is prohibited.
- Use exercise machines and equipment for the intended use only
- 30-minute time limit on cardiovascular training equipment (i.e. stair stepper, rowing machines, cycles, etc.). Please be courteous and think of others.
- Collars are required to be used with all free weight bars.
- Spitting is permitted in cuspidors only.
- Spotters are strongly recommended when lifting all free weights. No scats can be done outside the rack. Do not hesitate to ask for assistance or for a spotter from any authorized supervisor on duty.
- Return and re-rack weights and bars to their holders after use
- Perform Olympic lifts in the platform area only with rubber bumper plates
- Chalk up over the chalk bowl only.
- Leaning equipment against walls and/or mirrors or removing equipment from this room is prohibited.
- Authorized supervisors only are allowed access to control desk and to operate the stereo, clock, phone, video, TV, and computer equipment.
- Youth age 13 years and younger are not permitted access to the Strength Training and Conditioning Room. Youth, in all cases, must be at least 4'10" tall (this is the minimum height for safe use recommended by the equipment manufacturers). Youth age 14-15 years must attend a free orientation before using equipment and must be accompanied and directly supervised by parent/guardian. Direct supervision means the parent/guardian must be sharing the same machine/apparatus or be on the machine/apparatus next to their child. Pre registration is required and can be made at the Campus Rec Front Desk in room 55. Class schedules are published in the monthly Campus Rec Times and stress safety in the weight training environment.
- Personal training of patrons, either individually or in a group, is only allowed with a designated employee of Campus Recreation
- Failure to abide by these policies and regulations, those printed in Campus Recreation General Policies or requests made by any Campus Recreation employee can result in ejection or suspension of building and program privileges
Please ask supervisor if you have any questions regarding use of the equipment. They are trained to answer your questions and to assist you in utilizing the equipment for a safe and enjoyable workout.
IT IS THE USER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FOLLOW AND OBEY ALL POSTED RULES AND AUTHORIZED SUPERVISION. PLEASE ASK THE SUPERVISOR ON DUTY IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED AN INTERPRETATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN MAKING THIS A SAFE ENVIRONMENT.
If you have any questions regarding the policies of the Strength Training and Conditioning Room, please e-mail Campus Recreation