UNL LiveWell Team Challenge
To participate, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Log on to the unique UNL Challenge site. http://LiveWellChallenge.com/UNLINCOLN
- Step 2: Create an account. Click on the “Register Today” button and enter your email address in the “Create an Account” section to the left.
- Step 3: Enter our company discount code 9PP-XCL to ensure you get our pricing.
- Step 4: Complete the payment information screen.
- Step 5: Choose your magazine.
Once enrolled, you can opt into the challenges or just utilize the resources and tracking software.
Harness the power of team! Teams of 2–10 follow weekly tips and track progress over 12 weeks in the LiveWell Team Challenge.
Competing in a Challenge will keep you more motivated than ever! Weekly Challenge tips and monthly newsletters will give you that extra boost.
Tracking your progress will help you achieve your health, fitness and weight loss goals. Join Challenges to commit to staying active and eating healthy!
Why it Works
The Nebraska Sports Council & Clarity have helped Americans lose more than 280,000 lbs and log more than 3.5 million hours of activity, harnessing the power of incentives, teamwork, tracking, employer support & community awareness. Join the effort today!
Challenge Member Benefits
- 1. Annual magazine subscription. Choices include: Prevention, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Organic Gardening, Bicycling, and Runners World
- 2. Micro-fiber training shirt (shipped in February)
- 3. Year-round access to your personal wellness dashboard, including physical activity and nutrition tracking software
- 4. FREE and Reduced Cost Enrollment
- - Free enrollment in the LiveWell Team Challenge (Jan. 14 - Apr. 8, 2013)
- - $5 off enrollment in the LiveWell Family Challenge (June 3 - July 15, 2013)
- - $5 off entry fee in the 2013 Cornhusker State Games (July 19-28)
- - Free enrollment in the LiveWell Fall Challenge (Oct. 7 - Nov. 18, 2013)
Nutrition Services & Resources
Calling ALL Students!
UNL Campus Recreation offers nutrition education, counseling and presentations by a Registered/Licensed Dietitian. Click here to view our personal training, fitness assessment, and nutrition packages!
- EDEP (UNL Eating Disorders Education and Prevention Student Group)
- UNL Housing and Dining Services - Check out the University Housing’s Dining Services website to see what’s available on campus and to learn more about making healthy choices on your college’s campus!
- UNL Wellness Initiative
- UNL Campus Recreation Fitness
- UNL Campus Recreatoin Wellness Services
- Are you looking for new recipes that add more to your diet and provide you with better nutrition? Here are some great websites that help you find recipes to fit any need!
- Health.com - Check out top stories in the area of health and get ideas on healthy eating and living! In addition to health information, find great ideas for healthy cooking!
- Better Health Channel - If you’re looking for particular things in recipes and information on various health topics, this is a great site to check out. Challenge yourself with quizzes and food fact sheets to test your knowledge in health and nutrition.
- Keep It Simple Silly - Just as the name implies, this is a great resource for finding quick and easy food to prepare on a busy schedule.
- Willis-Knighton Health System - Here you can find recipes archived by ingredients, food groups, and meal course. Also available is a wide range of food and nutrition information.
- Medicine Net.com
- Nutrition Information for Active Youth
- Vegetarian Diets - A Brief Q & A
- Be an advocate for eating disorder prevention
- Quick links to days, weeks, and months of food and nutrition
- Your Super Bowl Game Plan for Healthy Eating
Healthy Choices for a Healthy Life
American Heart Association - Check out this site for ideas on how to Make Healthy Food Choices. Navigate around this page to also find information on Eating a Heart-Healthy Diet (located on the panel on the left side). Related links also provide information on how to better understand food labels.