|Deadline Extended to Feb. 22 Be a Student Leader...join the Campus Rec Advisory Council. Apply|
Advisory Council Application
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017–18 Campus Rec Advisory Council. Applications are due to the Campus Rec Center (City) or Rec & Wellness Center (East) by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. Please click here to download the application.
EXPLANATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the UNL Campus Recreation Advisory Council is to provide the opportunity for student involvement and program control. The Council meets biweekly on Tuesdays at 4:30-6:00 PM. The Council is responsible for:
- Hearing cases, judging their validity, and deciding the appropriate action to be taken on all protests and complaints appealed to it from the Director of Campus Recreation;
- Advising the Campus Recreation staff as to changes in the interpretation of rules and policies governing specific recreational sports programs and facilities;
- Assisting in developing the fiscal year budget request and justification for the Office of Campus Recreation;
- Serving as a sounding board for all Campus Recreation programs, services, and facilities;
- Advising the Campus Recreation staff of additions, improvements, etc. to recreational sports facilities and programs; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Recreation.
ALL UNL students paying University Program and Facilities Fees (student fees) are eligible to apply.