The purpose of the Campus Recreation Adivsory Council (CRAC) is to provide an opportunity for student, faculty, and staff involvement and program control. The Council is charged with the responsibility to:
- Hear cases, judge the validity, and decide the appropriate action to be taken on all decisions appealed to it from the Director of Campus Recreation;
- Advise the Campus Recreation staff as to changes in the interpretation of rules and policies governing specific Campus Recreation programs;
- Assist in developing Campus Recreation’s fiscal year budget requests;
- Serve as a sounding board for all Campus Recreation programs and services;
- Advise the Campus Recreation staff of needed additions/improvements to recreational sports facilities; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Recreation.
The Campus Recreation Advisory Council is made up of thirteen (13) student representatives and three (3) faculty/staff representatives.
- Ten (10) students selected by application and interviews from the following divisions: Greek Life (3 students), Off Campus (3 students), Residence Halls (3 students), Graduate College (1 student). The selection committee will consist of three (3) non-returning Advisory Council student representatives and will be overseen by one (1) advisor.
- Three (3) at-large student representatives appointed from the following divisions: Greek Life (1 student), Off Campus (1 student), Residence Halls (1 student). Appointments will be made by the Association of Students of the University of Nebraska (ASUN).
- Three (3) faculty/staff representatives will be appointed from the following classifications: academic/administrative (1 member appointed by the Faculty Senate), managerial/professional (1 member appointed by the University Association for Administrative Development), and office/service (1 member appointed by the University of Nebraska Office Personnel Association).
The Council shall act as an advisory board to the Campus Recreation staff and shall, when called upon, be the final appellate body within the Office of Campus Recreation.
2014-15 Advisory Council Members
Eddie Walters – President, Greek
Jonathan Berger – Vice President/Treasurer, Greek
Hanna Rogoz – Secretary, Residence Hall
Graduate Student Representative
Residence Hall Representatives
Rene Mayo-Rejai, IT Auditor
Jim Steadman, Plant Pathology
Deb Johnson, Senior Associate Director
Stan Campbell, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Director of Campus Recreation